That's it - unless you are upgrading from a version prior to V4.0, when you should read the following notes carefully.
(These notes can also be found, once you have installed the new version, in Help topic Upgrading – notes for existing users.)
If you installed the Beta Version of Release 3.5, then you should contact us before upgrading. We don't think there is anyone still in this position, but just check your release level from Help / About. Otherwise there are no additional items to add, but if upgrading from a version prior to 3.1 the notes below will apply. This new version has been thoroughly tested on Windows 7. Windows 7 and Vista users should note this information on our support forum about colour casts when viewing images.
The Rates/Availability file name (as specified in the Configuration program) has changed so that
(1) there is now only a single file specified and
(2) you need to specify the file extension.
Previously the file extension was assumed to be ".htm". The system now can cope with any file extension you like - eg ".html". You will find it is now much easier to maintain the single "rolling" availability file; for example, you no longer need to create a new file each year.
What do I change?:
1. If you previously specified the file as rates, then you must now specify it as rates.htm. You must also rename the availability file so it no longer has a 2 digit year. eg rename rates05.htm to rates.htm
2. You need to ensure you have a Table Row proforma file in your web folder. A sample file is supplied in C:\LetSys\Web. Copy this file $RowProforma.txt into your web folder. The supplied file contains the single line:
<tr><td>@RG</td><td>@R</td><td class=@S>@C</td><td class=@F>@F</td></tr>
This proforma, if used with the supplied availability.htm file, gives exactly the same table look and feel as before, unless Fuel charges are used. If you don't use fuel charges you need to delete the final element to make the proforma look like this:
3. Note that to produce the same format table as before, then when you publish to web you ensure that Publishing options are set as follows: Check "Compress weeks". Uncheck all other options.
All Users upgrading to Version 2.1 (Nov 2004) should note the following:
The rates file format has changed, effective with Version 2.1. All your existing rate files were converted automatically on installation. Files are now named "RatesYY.hlc, where YY is the last two digits of the year they apply to. The old files are not deleted (just to be on the safe side). These files are named RatesYY.hlr Once version 2.1 is working fine you can delete all the files with file type .hlr from your LetSys data directories (you need to do this for the data directories for each property.)
Users with several properties may wish to consider whether they wish to use only a single set of Common Proformas - since processing of letter proformas has been improved. You can now use a single set of common letter proformas (held in the root folder) for some or all properties. This significantly reduces the work of editing proformas when you have several properties. You can still have property specific proformas - as was the case for previous releases. These are still placed in the data folder for the property. When present, these are used instead of the common proformas. Existing users can just delete the property specific proformas if the common ones are sufficient. More details are in the help files.
The points below only apply if upgrading from 1.6 or earlier. They do not apply to users upgrading from a more recent version.
1) We do not believe anyone is still running this old version, so have removed the ability to upgrade to the latest version. However it is possible to migrate as described on this web page: http://erwwen.com/holletsys/upgrade16.htmNote that the database structure changed with V1.7; your data is automatically converted if you are installing over a 1.5 or 1.6 installation.
The old data is preserved in a folder C:\LetSys\Old Format-delete\ Once you have successfully run and tested out the new version you may delete this folder and all contents.
2) Version 1.7 and later renames the rich text Letter Proformas so that dashes are removed. This is to fix a problem encountered with Lotus Wordpro. You should rename your existing letter proformas (if any) to remove the dashes from the name. eg Proforma C:\LetSys\Demo Cottage\Data\Proforma-AckDep.rtf should be renamed to ProformaAckDep.rtf.
Also separate proformas are now required for email letters. These are stored as text files alongside the old letter proformas - with the same name but a different file type. If you use email for communications you will need to create new email proformas. Samples are provided - read Help Topic "Configuring Letter Proformas" from LetSys. You may wish to change to use a common set of proformas also - see the section above.
Holiday Letting System (LetSys)
© Brendan Blake.
See HELP / CONTENTS for full documentation.
Last updated 12 May 2018