Newsletter: Holiday Letting System. 14th August 2006.
This note announces a new version of the Holiday Letting System which
is available to existing users at no extra charge. It also provides other information.
You are receiving this newsletter as you have
purchased the Holiday Letting System. (See http://holletsys.co.uk
New Version (V2.4) now available.
The latest version (V2.4 dated 14th August 2005) is now available for downloading
(Just download and install the evaluation version – your registration details and settings are not altered.)
This new version is available at no charge to existing registered users. The new functions are relatively minor; however several problems are fixed and you are advised to upgrade to this new version if you are experiencing any problems. Support will no longer be available on older versions.
The new functions were mainly suggested by existing users. More details are in the help file.
- Export bookings to .CSV file: Now includes email address in an additional column at the end beyond the phone number.
- Font selection is now possible when printing Envelopes or Labels. You can now override the default font (which was 12 pt Times New Roman). Your selected font is saved for use next time the program runs. Just click the new font selection button. You can also set the printer up from menu item File / Printer Setup in the Status Window.
- Mousewheel scrolling: Some mouse drivers did not work; the program now handles scrolling itself.
- Function " File Bookings for local rep": This function now not only creates a text file that you can subsequently use to copy the data into another application (eg into an email) but the file created is now immediately opened in your default text editor. Cancelled bookings are no longer listed.
- Fixed some minor errors with rent calculation for short term lets: (less than a week). One user has commented that the pricing algorithm for short term lets produce some anomolous results when you price weekends at a fixed price and weekdays by the day, and then enter a let that includes both types of day. However the algorithm is already quite complex, and users are expected to override amounts as appropriate; most situations are covered reasonably well.
- Added comment to shortcuts Shortcuts created by the program will show a tooltip saying "Holiday Letting System - propertyname
- Updated the data for the Demonstration property to cover the current year, rather than previous years.
- Fixed a few minor problems, and made some minor improvements to the Help Files
Slightly more details on the enhancements are also available in the Help files for the new version
and on the web in the release history at http://www.erwwen.com/holletsys/releasehistory.htm
Note that when you re-install the software:
- You should not uninstall the previous version, or you will lose your settings
and data. Just install “on top” of your existing version.
- All options you have already set are preserved. You do not need to re-enter
your registration code.
- Make sure LetSys is not running when you do the installation.
There's less new function than before; this is mostly because I've spent almost all my time teaching in the past year. The most important requirements on my TODO list at present are:
- To improve the letter handling system to cater for more letters and to do so in a much more flexible way.
- To convert the help files to HTML help.
- Finally to produce a new version that handles more than four properties.
If you have any important requirements not on this list, please let me know.
My usual plea for Help!
Selling a system targeted at a niche (and small) market at a low price is not
easy. If you like this system (and some of you certainly do judging by the comments)
then please do tell others you know who also manage holiday cottages. Thanks
especially to those who have recommended this system to others; through that
and search engines we continue to get a slow but steady stream of sales.
I hope the system is proving valuable. Your views are always welcome.
Best wishes to all users.
Web site: http://holletsys.co.uk
88 Mount Ararat Road, Richmond, SURREY TW10 6PN.