Newsletter: Holiday Letting System. 11th August 2005.
This note announces a new version of the Holiday Letting System which
is available to existing users at no extra charge. It also provides other information.
You are receiving this newsletter as you have
purchased the Holiday Letting System. (See http://holletsys.co.uk
New Version (V2.3) now available.
The latest version (V2.3 dated 2nd August 2005) is now available for downloading
(Just download and install the evaluation version – your registration details and settings are not altered.)
This new version is available at no charge to existing registered users. The new functions are relatively minor; however several problems are fixed and you are strongly advised to upgrade to this new version if you are experiencing any problems. Support will no longer be available on older versions.
The new functions were mainly suggested by existing users, and include
- Migration: A new Help Topic is provided to assist users who are upgrading their computer to install LetSys and migrate their data onto the new machine. In addition the Configuration Program now has additional functions to assist transfer settings when migrating to a new Computer. See Help Topic Migrating to a new machine. These functions also help if transferring LetSys to a Laptop on a temporary basis.
- Letter Proformas: The three letter proformas distributed with the system have been enhanced with changes designed to assist a new user.
- Clean Up Data Button This has been added to the Configuration Program to remove unnecessary files from your system. See Help topic "Data cleanup" for more information.
- When copying a returning customer's details into a new booking, the Omit from mailshot flag is set on for the old booking. This helps you avoid sending mailshots to customers who have changed either their postal or email addresses.
- The Help is improved in a few areas
- There are several bugs fixed; in particular if you change the date of a booking any letters are now renamed correctly so they can easily be located.
- Since the last newsletter Version 2.2 was also released, of interest mostly to people that use LetSys to publish availability to a web site. This substantially improved the range of formatting options through the support of cascading style sheets. More details are in the release history.
- Note: You need the free utility eFTP if you want to automatically upload the web availability file, more information / download.
The full list of enhancements is available in the Help files for the new version
and is also available on the web in the release history at http://www.erwwen.com/holletsys/releasehistory.htm
Note that when you re-install the software:
- You should not uninstall the previous version, or you will lose your settings
and data. Just install “on top” of your existing version.
- All options you have already set are preserved. You do not need to re-enter
your registration code.
- Make sure LetSys is not running when you do the installation.
My usual plea for Help!
Selling a system targeted at a niche (and small) market at a low price is not
easy. If you like this system (and some of you certainly do judging by the comments)
then please do tell others you know who also manage holiday cottages. Thanks
especially to those who have recommended this system to others; through that
and search engines we continue to get a slow but steady stream of sales.
I hope the system is proving valuable. Your views are always welcome.
Best wishes to all users.
Web site: http://holletsys.co.uk
email: email@example.com Phone: +44-(0)-20-8940-7087
88 Mount Ararat Road, Richmond, SURREY TW10 6PN.
Full list of the new features:
Click on this link for the release history containing a full list of enhancements: